There is something about receiving the gift of flowers that can mean so much. It means that someone took the time to pick out an arrangement and have it delivered specifically to you. Here are some flower care tips to help you get the most out of your beautiful fresh flower arrangement.
Care & Handling
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
How to Keep Your Flowers Looking Fresh
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out.
Changing the Water In Your Flower Arrangement
- First remove any dead or dying flowers from the arrangement.
- Carefully removing the good flowers and clean the vase thoroughly with soapy making sure to rinse it thoroughly.
- Replace the water and mix in flower preservative according to the instructions on the packet.
- For best results, cut stems at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water.
- Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your water mixture as soon as possible.